Monday, October 5, 2009

A surprising dinner

Monday is such an unpromising night, especially when it is cold and dark - the first time of the year. Glutton Boy was not especially looking forward to dinner - I'd planned a butternut squash risotto but by the time I'd got home he'd roasted it off with some garlic. And, it was delicious - sweet squash, creamy where I'd added in butter and a really lovely taste from the taleggio I stirred in. It was smooth, spoonable, unctuous in the extreme - a perfect comfort for a dark, autumn night and making the most of seasonal produce which I love doing. I get excited by seeing new things in the shops - the first pumpkins, parsnips which I can't wait to roast in sticky meat juices, dark green leafy veg begging for tiny shards of crispy bacon, the first tins of quality street...

I'm so looking forward to my week off next week - I need to cook for love, not for the sake of putting a nice meal on the table day after day. I plan to visit some shops I've wanted to see for a while - Maroc on Moscow Road, back to Persepolis in Peckham to treat myself to some gorgeous exoticness to tempt me back into the kitchen!

Lots of love

GG

No comments:

Post a Comment