Wednesday, November 4, 2009

In which Glutton Girl feels a bit sad, then a bit better

So, as you can imagine, with a name like Glutton Girl, I'm not exactly sylph like. You don't need to take out a window to get me out of the house, but still. But my husband likes me and as much as I would love to be slightly slimmer, I love food too much to say no to a second helping. Or even a first helping. But, this week, the doctor was a bit mean and told me to lose weight and lower my blood pressure. Now I have no desire to become a diabetes-ridden hag, so have decided to take action before I'm forced to really give up what I love most. The question is, is it possible to be a low-cal Glutton Girl? Big flavours are the way to go, so I'm thinking pan-Asian. Vegetarian is good also so I'm thinking south Indian. Giving chicken some flavour would help, so I'm thinking Lebanese/Arab spicing. Actually, doesn't sound so bad. Tonight's dinner (planned before the advent of the new regime) is paella with chorizo, pork, spinach and peppers. Apart from the chorizo its not the worst thing in the world. And tomorrow the lunchtime walking club starts at work, Saturday is the first bellydance class and next Thursday is my first session... of boxing training! And not just to bop the doctor on the nose.
Will keep you posted on how it goes - fingers crossed I don't go too crazy...

Lots of love
GG

1 comment:

  1. Ouch :( That sucks.

    Be careful with the South Indian food, as a lot of it is coconut based, which can be fattening.

    ReplyDelete