Wednesday, November 25, 2009

GluttonGirl

So I know it's been very quiet on the GluttonGirl front, which is breaking the cardinal rule of blogging, but in my defence work has been mental, I've been doing lots of extra-curricular things and also been flat hunting for a bigger home for the Gluttons. The least said the better about the flat hunting but suffice to say I've not been doing a whole load of cooking. Having said that, I've done a fair bit of baking but still been struggling to find my kitchen love.

Hurrah hurrah though, that is all set to change. GB and I are off to Lille on Saturday for the day, courtesy of We Are Social. We went last year for our wedding anniversary and pretty much spent the weekend stumbling from food shop to eating place and back again. I also came home laden with all manner of yummy things culled from chic delis, chocolateries, bakeries and the large supermarket. A whole suitcase worth, in fact.

This year we are even more excited as the christmas market will be on and I particularly have my eye on gingerbread, some nice meat of some kinds and almost certainly cheese. I also plan to buy some more amazing chocolates, some foie gras of some kind and also again pop into Carrefour for all manner of french supermarket yumminess. We're taking lots of bags to bring it all back and also going to the bookshop to pick up some cookbooks, as if we don't have enough. I love Lille. It is big enough to feel like a proper town, is manageable in size and its the sort of food GB and I really love - meat, cheese, beer and potatoes. None of this mediterrean nonsense. Proper, cream-filled, rib-stickers.

On another note, I also uploaded my entry into the Carnation.co.uk podcast competition - I made some chocolate caramel muffins. The prize is the chance to film a podcast (or pudcast!) with Phil Vickery.

Will update on return from La Belle France.

Lots of love

GG

No comments:

Post a Comment