Friday, May 6, 2011

Good day for a wedding

I love a wedding, but after several hours of the royal nuptials, I was ready for some reality. GB and I headed over to Borough in search of something for dinner. Now I've gone off Borough, mainly because it seems to have become less of a place for fantastic producers and more of a theme park but despite that it is still a brilliant place to source more unusual ingredients like clams, wild mushrooms or Seville oranges.
I'm sure I mentioned that we're trying to be less gluttony than usual, so it was slightly unfortunate that one of the first stalls we came across was the French dairy man. Last time I came across this stall I shoved a delicious creme caramel down my neck in about 3 seconds. He also sells the most delicious Echire butter, which comes in, and this is very exciting, a very salty variety. He has also started selling ice cream, in particular a salted caramel variety. Regular readers will know that caramel ice cream is my desert island food but GB and I, rather modestly, shared just one scoop. God it was good- creamy and slightly savoury, almost chewy as it was so thick.

With love from GluttonGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment