Monday, May 31, 2010

In which Glutton Girl learns a valuable lesson

Assiduous GG readers will remember that a while ago, when Glutton Boy was working endless late shifts and so I was cooking every night for what seemed like a million years, I felt that the effort of putting a meal on the table every night was just too arduous. The last six weeks or so has seen a reversal of fortune in the -putting-dinner-on-the-table stakes.
A combination of colleague holiday and back to back pitches has meant that GluttonGirl has had to put in a serious amout of hours in the office lately and dinner (for me at least) has become peanut butter on toast schloffed down at 8pm in the office, while poor old GB has reacquainted himself with the joys of the fray bentos.
Lo and behold, the truth is that I have missed cooking like mad. On Friday, with the worst behind me, I made a sort of Spanish-y risotto with prawns, chorizo, roasted red peppers and my favourite ingredient of all, sweet smoked paprika. The satisfaction I got from putting a meal on the table was unparalled.
Darling GB cooking on Saturday - mac and cheese with bacon bits and roasted cherry toms. Delicious and eatable with a spoon - my main dinner criteria.
Sunday saw tapas and sherry with the girls, then weirdly, I felt like I had a cheese baby right under my ribs and had to go to bed early. And today, the last day of the bank holiday, I'm whipping up a quick puttanesca.
There it is. For me, cooking is just what I have to do, it's what I like to do. I like to make a lovely meal for husband/friends. I like to take a gorgeous cake out of the oven. I am a Glutton.

Lots of love

GG

No comments:

Post a Comment